Thursday, October 16, 2008

To market, to market

On Sunday I had my very first, real-life, honest-to-goodness selling day. I've never done a show or a fair before and I've been working for almost a year and a half making enough things to be able to have a little space in the flea market at Eastern Market. If you live in the DC area you've probably heard of this; it's the name for both a really beautiful neighborhood around Capitol Hill and the "market" itself, which happens every weekend and literally has sellers of everything you could possibly imagine: antiques, furniture, thrifted clothes, books, crafts, jewelry, African and Tibetan art imports, original paintings and photography, fruit and veggies, etc. etc. etc. And on Sunday, there was even this:


I was so insanely proud of my little booth. Aaron worked for hours the night before on that sign, and both of us stayed up way too late making price tags, packing everything up, etc. But it was so much fun.

I'm going to have two more days there: October 26 and November 2. If you live in the DC area, come by and say hi!!

2 comments:

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Great job on the market! And, great sign too.

Also, wanted to let you know that I've tagged you!

http://paperladyinvites.blogspot.com/2008/10/tag-im-it.html

-chelsey

Sungopolis said...

Kudos!

One of these days, I will get up at a reasonable hour on the weekends and visit you and the Eastern Market.

Good luck and happy selling!