Friday, February 22, 2008

turning all of this yarn into something...

A couple of days ago I finally finished all of the projects I was making for other people, and got all excited about a couple of different patterns that I've been looking forward to making just for myself. I got out the yarn I had already bought months ago for each one, and in each case...figured out the yarn was just not right, for either one. I'm a little bummed, I mean I can use the yarn for other things and I can get new yarn for these projects, but I'm broke so I just can't let myself buy more yarn for myself right now. And it feels weird to not have a project that I'm really excited about waiting at home for me. Le sigh.

On the other hand, I've been kinda flying through new design ideas the past week or so. I finished up a wrap that I've had in my head for a while, and I'm pretty pleased with the results, and as soon as I take a couple of photos I'll be looking for a tester for the pattern (woo!). And yesterday a friend showed me a picture of a hat she wanted that she saw someone wearing at a ski lodge, and I went home last night and banged it out! So, new hat pattern! It's not the most original or exciting hat in the world but it's definitely warm and squishy and when I tried on the prototype this morning I didn't want to take it off. So cozy.
Also, I have some yarn on the way that I'm going to use to make a newsboy-ish cap that I've had in my head for a while, and I have some good yarn to work on a squishy fingerless mitt design I've been meaning to get around to. So, I'm feeling exceptionally productive, and proud of myself! I can't wait to get pictures and patterns out for these things!

No comments: